ChloraPrep One-Step by CareFusion 213 LLC
Medically reviewed on September 22, 2017
Dosage form: solution
Ingredients: CHLORHEXIDINE GLUCONATE 20mg in 1mL, ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL 0.7mL in 1mL
Labeler: CareFusion 213 LLC
NDC Code: 54365-400
Chlorhexidine gluconate 2% w/v
Isopropyl alcohol 70% v/v
for the preparation of the patient's skin prior to surgery or injection. Helps to reduce bacteria that potentially can cause skin infection.
For external use only. Flammable, keep away from fire or flame.
- do not use with electrocautery procedures
This product may cause a severe allergic reaction.
Symptoms may include:
- wheezing/difficulty breathing
- facial swelling
If an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
- on patients allergic to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other ingredient in this product
- for lumbar puncture or in contact with the meninges
- on open skin wounds or as a general skin cleanser
keep out of eyes, ears, and mouth. May cause serious or permanent injury if permitted to enter and remain. If contact occurs, rinse with cold water right away and contact a doctor.
irritation, sensitization, or allergic reaction occurs. These may be signs of a serious condition.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months of age. These products may cause irritation or chemical burns.
- maximal treatment area using three swabsticks sequentially is approximately 5 in. x 5 in. (160 cm 2)
- tear pouch at side notch to reveal applicator handles. Do not touch foam applicator tip. Place foam flat side down on the treatment area.
- completely wet the treatment area with antiseptic
- dry surgical sites (e.g., abdomen or arm): using each swabstick sequentially, use gentle repeated back-and-forth strokes for a total of 30 seconds. Allow the area to air dry for approximately 30 seconds. Do not blot or wipe away.
- moist surgical sites (e.g., inguinal fold): using each swabstick sequentially, use gentle repeated back-and-forth strokes for a total of 2 minutes. Allow the area to air dry for approximately 1 minute. Do not blot or wipe away.
- discard the applicator after a single use along with any portion of the solution not required to cover the prep area. It is not necessary to use the entire amount available.
- store between 15-30 ºC (59-86 °F)
- avoid freezing and excessive heat above 40 ºC (104 °F)
USP purified water
- call 1-800-523-0502 (M-F 8 a.m.-5 p.m. CST)
PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL-CARTON
Do Not Reuse
Not made with natural rubber latex
0.18 fl. oz. (5.25 ml) each
Cat. No. 260103
2% w/v chlorhexidine gluconate (CHG)
and 70% v/v isopropyl alcohol (IPA)
Patient Preoperative Skin Preparation
Applicator is non-sterile
Professional Use Only
Store between 15-30 ºC (59-86 ºF)
Avoid freezing and excessive heat
above 40 ºC (104 ºF)
chlorhexidine gluconate and isopropyl alcohol solution
|Labeler - CareFusion 213 LLC (826496312)|
|Registrant - CareFusion 213 LLC (831684456)|
|CareFusion 213 LLC||826496312||analysis(54365-400), manufacture(54365-400), label(54365-400), pack(54365-400)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
More about ChloraPrep One-Step (chlorhexidine topical)
- ChloraPrep One-Step Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Support Group
- En Español
- 0 Reviews
- Drug class: antiseptic and germicides