Diabetic Tussin DM by Health Care Products
Medically reviewed on September 13, 2017
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10mg in 5mL, GUAIFENESIN 100mg in 5mL
Labeler: Health Care Products
NDC Code: 61787-062
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg
Guaifenesin 100 mg
- temporarily relieves cough
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus
if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for two weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- a cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a chronic cough that lasts or as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or headache that lasts
These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- take every 4 hours
- do not exceed 6 doses in 24 hours
|adults & children 12 years & over||10 mL (2 teaspoonfuls)|
|children 6 years to under 12 years||5 mL (1 teaspoonful)|
|children 2 years to under 6 years||2.5 mL (½ teaspoonful)|
|children under 2 years||ask a doctor|
Phenylketonurics: contains phenylalanine 8.4 mg per teaspoonful (5 mL)
- store at room temperature 20-25ºC (68-77ºF)
- keep tightly closed
Acesulfame potassium, artificial cherry flavor, artificial vanilla flavor, aspartame, hypromellose, menthol, methylparaben, potassium sorbate, purified water. Citric acid may be used to adjust pH.
Call 1-800-899-3116, Mon-Thurs 9:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, Fri 9:00 am - 2:30 pm EST.
Serious side effects associated with use of this product may be reported to this number.
|DIABETIC TUSSIN DM
dextromethorphan hydrobromide and guaifenesin liquid
|Labeler - Health Care Products (101196749)|
|Registrant - Hi-Tech Pharmacal Co., Inc. (101196749)|
|Hi-Tech Pharmacal Co., Inc.||101196749||MANUFACTURE|
More about dextromethorphan/guaifenesin
- Dextromethorphan/guaifenesin Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 15 Reviews
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations
- Dextromethorphan and guaifenesin
- Guaifenesin and Dextromethorphan Capsules and Tablets
- Guaifenesin and Dextromethorphan Extended-Release Tablets
- Guaifenesin and Dextromethorphan Granule Packets
- Guaifenesin and Dextromethorphan Liquid