Childrens Mucinex Chest Congestion
Dosage form: solution
Ingredients: Guaifenesin 100mg in 5mL
Labeler: Reckitt Benckiser, Inc.
NDC Code: 63824-473
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Guaifenesin 100 mg
helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive
Ask a doctor before use if the child has
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthma
Stop use and ask a doctor if cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious illness.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
- measure only with dosing cup provided
- do not use dosing cup with other products
- mL = milliliter
|children 6 years to under 12 years||5 mL – 10 mL every 4 hours|
|children 4 years to under 6 years||2.5 mL – 5 mL every 4 hours|
|children under 4 years||do not use|
- each 5 mL contains: sodium 3 mg
- tamper evident: do not use if neckband on bottle cap is broken or missing
- store between 15-30°C (59-86°F)
- do not refrigerate
- dosing cup provided
citric acid anhydrous, dextrose, FD&C blue #1, FD&C red #40, flavor, glycerin, methylparaben, potassium sorbate, propylene glycol, propylparaben, purified water, saccharin sodium, sodium hydroxide, sucralose, xanthan gum
1-866-MUCINEX (1-866-682-4639) You may also report side effects to this phone number.
|Labeler - Reckitt Benckiser, Inc. (094405024)|
Medically reviewed on Oct 1, 2018
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about guaifenesin
- Guaifenesin Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Patient Tips
- Drug Images
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 195 Reviews
- Drug class: expectorants
- FDA Alerts (3)
- Guaifenesin Extended-Release Tablets
- Guaifenesin Granules
- Guaifenesin Liquid
- Guaifenesin Tablets
- Guaifenesin (Advanced Reading)