Diabetic Tussin Expectorant by Health Care Products
Medically reviewed on September 28, 2017.
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: GUAIFENESIN 100mg in 5mL
Labeler: Health Care Products
NDC Code: 61787-063
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Guaifenesin 100 mg
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus
- a cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or headache that lasts
These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- take every 4 hours
- do not exceed 6 doses in 24 hours
|adults & children 12 years and over||10 mL - 20 mL (2 - 4 teaspoonfuls)|
|children 6 years to under 12 years||5 mL - 10 mL (1 - 2 teaspoonfuls)|
|children 2 years to under 6 years||2.5 mL - 5 mL (½ - 1 teaspoonful)|
|children under 2 years||ask a doctor|
- Phenylketonurics: contains phenylalanine 8.4 mg per teaspoonful (5 mL)
- store at room temperature 20-25°C (68-77°F).
- keep tightly closed.
Acesulfame K, artificial cherry flavor, artificial vanilla flavor, aspartame, hypromellose, menthol, methylparaben, potassium sorbate, purified water. Citric acid may be used to adjust pH.
Call 1-800-899-3116, Mon-Thurs 9:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, Fri 9:00 am - 2:30 pm EST. Serious side effects associated with use of this product may be reported to this number.
Rev #063:05 10/11
|DIABETIC TUSSIN EXPECTORANT
|Labeler - Health Care Products (101196749)|
|Registrant - Hi-Tech Pharmacal Co., Inc. (101196749)|
|Hi-Tech Pharmacal Co., Inc.||101196749||MANUFACTURE(61787-063)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
More about guaifenesin
- Guaifenesin Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 180 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: expectorants
- Guaifenesin Extended-Release Tablets
- Guaifenesin Granules
- Guaifenesin Tablets
- Guaifenesin Liquid
- Guaifenesin (Advanced Reading)