Miconazole 7 by CVS Pharmacy
Medically reviewed on February 7, 2018
Dosage form: cream
Ingredients: Miconazole Nitrate 20mg in 100g
Labeler: CVS Pharmacy
NDC Code: 69842-988
Miconazole Nitrate USP 2% (100 mg in each applicatorful)
- treats vaginal yeast infections
- relieves external itching and irritation due to a vaginal yeast infection
For vaginal use only
Do not use if you have never had a vaginal yeast infection diagnosed by a doctor
- vaginal itching and discomfort for the first time
- lower abdominal, back or shoulder pain, fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, or foul-smelling vaginal discharge. You may have a more serious condition.
- vaginal yeast infections often (such as once a month or 3 in 6 months). You could be pregnant or have a serious underlying medical cause for your symptoms, including diabetes or a weakened immune system.
- been exposed to the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) that causes AIDS
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking the prescription blood thinning medicine warfarin, because bleeding or bruising may occur
- do not use tampons, douches, spermicides, or other vaginal products. Condoms and diaphragms may be damaged and fail to prevent pregnancy or sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
- do not have vaginal intercourse
- mild increase in vaginal burning, itching or irritation may occur
- if you do not get complete relief ask a doctor before using another product
- symptoms do not get better in 3 days
- symptoms last more than 7 days
- you get a rash or hives, abdominal pain, fever, chills, nausea, vomiting or foul-smelling vaginal discharge
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- before using this product, read the enclosed consumer information leaflet for complete directions and information
- adults and children 12 years of age and over:
- applicators: insert 1 applicatorful into the vagina at bedtime for 7 nights in a row. Throw away applicator after each use.
- use the same tube of cream if you have itching and irritation on the skin outside the vagina. Squeeze a small amount of cream onto your fingertip. Apply to itchy, irritated skin outside the vagina (vulva). Use 2 times daily for up to 7 days as needed.
- children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
- do not purchase if carton is opened
- do not use if seal over tube opening has been punctured or is not visible
To open: unscrew cap, use pointed end on cap to puncture seal
To close: screw cap back onto the tube
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
- see carton or tube crimp for lot number and expiration date
Apricot Kernel Oil/PEG-6, Butylated Hydroxytoluene, Mineral Oil, PEG-6-32 Stearate/Glycol Stearate, Purified Water and Benzoic Acid (0.20%) as a preservative
Distributed by: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
One CVS Drive, Woonsocket, RI 02895
Compare to the active ingredient in Monistat® 7 Vaginal Cream*
MICONAZOLE NITRATE VAGINAL CREAM USP (2%)
(MICONAZOLE NITRATE 100 mg PER APPLICATOR)
ONE 45 G (1.5 OZ) TUBE OF MICONAZOLE
NITRATE VAGINAL CREAM USP (2%)
& 7 DISPOSABLE APPLICATORS
NET WT 1.5 OZ (45 g) TUBE
Educational Brochure Enclosed
miconazole nitrate cream
|Labeler - CVS Pharmacy (062312574)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.