Walgreens Antibacterial Plus Urinary Pain Relief
Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: METHENAMINE 162mg, SODIUM SALICYLATE 162.5mg
Labeler: Walgreen Company
NDC Code: 0363-4404
Disclaimer: This drug has not been found by FDA to be safe and effective, and this labeling has not been approved by FDA. For further information about unapproved drugs, click here.
Methenamine 162 mg
Sodium Salicylate 162.5 mg (NSAID Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drug)
Analgesic (pain reliever)
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Uses Temporarily relieves: pain & burning • frequency and urgency of urination
Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. If changes in behaviour with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you:
• take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen or others)
• have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
• have stomach ulcers or bleeding problems • take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
• are age 60 or older • take more or for a longer time than directed
Do not use:
• if you are on a sodium restricted diet
• if you are allergic to salicylates (including aspirin) unless directed by a doctor
• if you have stomach problems (such as heartburn, upset stomach, or stomach pain) that persist or recur, or if you have ulcers or bleeding problems unless directed by a doctor
Ask a doctor before use if you have
• frequent, burning urination for the first time • the stomach bleeding warning applying to you
• history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
• high blood pressure • heart disease • liver cirrhosis • bleeding problems
• diuretic use • ulcers • kidney disease • reached age 60 or older
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
• taking any other drug containing an NSAID (prescription or nonprescription)
• taking a blood thinning (anticoagulant), steroid, diabetes, gout or arthritis drug
When using this product • do not take more than the recommended dosage
Stop and ask a doctor if
• product has been used for 3 days
• you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
• feel faint, vomit blood • have bloody or black stools • have stomach pain that does not get better
• ringing in the ears or a loss of hearing occurs
If pregnant or breast feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Directions: Adults and children 12 years and over: take 2 tablets with a full glass of water 3 times a day. Drink plenty of fluids. Children under 12 years: ask a doctor
benzoic acid, croscarmellose sodium, fd&c red #40, fd&c yellow #6, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, methacrylic acid-ethyl acrylate copolymer, microcrystalline cellulose, silicon dioxide, stearic acid, sodium bicarbonate, sodium lauryl sulfate, talc, titanium dioxide, triacetin, triethyl citrate
Other Information: • each tablet contains 25 mg of sodium • store at 59-86°F (15-30°C) in a dry place • protect from light • Tamper evident: tablets sealed in blisters. Do not use if blister foil or seal is open or damaged.
- HELPS CONTROL THE INFECTION*
- PLUS GENERAL PAIN RELIEVER
Antibacterial Urinary Pain Relief
Methenamine and Sodium Salicylate (NSAID)
|WALGREENS ANTIBACTERIAL PLUS URINARY PAIN RELIEF
methenamine, sodium salicylate tablet
|Labeler - Walgreen Company (008965063)|
|Registrant - Reese Pharmaceutical Co (004172052)|
|Reese Pharmaceutical Co||004172052||repack(0363-4404), relabel(0363-4404)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.