My Choice TM by NuCare Pharmaceuticals,Inc.
Medically reviewed on January 23, 2018
Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: LEVONORGESTREL 1.5mg
Labeler: NuCare Pharmaceuticals,Inc.
NDC Code: 68071-4247
for women to reduce chance of pregnancy after unprotected sex (if a contraceptive failed or if you did not use birth control)
Do not use if you have ever had an allergic reaction to levonorgestrel
This product does not protect against HIV/AIDS or other STDs.
- if you are already pregnant (because it will not work)
- for regular birth control
• menstrual changes • tiredness • dizziness • nausea • headache • breast pain • lower stomach (abdominal) pain • vomiting
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222).
- take as soon as possible within 72 hours (3 days) after unprotected sex. The sooner you take it, the better it will work.
- if you vomit within 2 hours after taking the medication, call a healthcare professional to find out if you should repeat the dose
- read the instructions, warnings, and enclosed product leaflet before use
- this product works mainly by preventing ovulation (egg release). It may also prevent fertilization of a released egg (joining of sperm and egg) or attachment of a fertilized egg to the uterus (implantation).
- do not use if carton is open or tear strip is removed or blister seal is broken or missing
- store at 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)
colloidal silicon dioxide, corn starch, hypromellose, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, talc
For more information, call toll free 1-800-818-4555 weekdays
My Choice TM
(levonorgestrel) Tablet, 1.5 mg
One Tablet. One Step.
What You Need to Know
What is My Choice?
My Choice is emergency contraception that helps prevent pregnancy after birth control failure or unprotected sex. It is a backup method of preventing pregnancy and should not be used as regular birth control.
What My Choice is not.
My Choice will not work if you are already pregnant and will not affect an existing pregnancy. My Choice will not protect you from HIV infection (the virus that causes AIDS) and other sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
When should I use My Choice?
The sooner you take emergency contraception, the better it works. You should use My Choice within 72 hours (3 days) after you have had unprotected sex.
My Choice is a backup or emergency method of birth control you can use when:
- your regular birth control was used incorrectly or failed
- you did not use any birth control method
When not to use My Choice.
My Choice should not be used:
- as a regular birth control method, because it's not as effective as regular birth control.
- if you are already pregnant, because it will not work.
- if you are allergic to levonorgestrel or any other ingredients in My Choice.
How does My Choice work?
My Choice is one tablet with levonorgestrel, a hormone that has been used in many birth control pills for several decades. My Choice contains a higher dose of levonorgestrel than birth control pills, but works in a similar way to prevent pregnancy. It works mainly by stopping the release of an egg from the ovary. It is possible that My Choice may also work by preventing fertilization of an egg (the uniting of sperm with the egg) or by preventing attachment (implantation) to the uterus (womb).
How can I get the best results from My Choice?
You have 72 hours (3 days) to try to prevent pregnancy after birth control failure or unprotected sex. The sooner you take My Choice, the better it works.
How effective is My Choice?
If My Choice is taken as directed, it can significantly decrease the chance that you will get pregnant. About 7 out of every 8 women who would have gotten pregnant will not become pregnant.
How will I know My Choice worked?
You will know My Choice has been effective when you get your next period, which should come at the expected time, or within a week of the expected time. If your period is delayed beyond 1 week, it is possible you may be pregnant. You should get a pregnancy test and follow up with your healthcare professional.
Will I experience any side effects?
- some women may have changes in their period, such as a period that is heavier or lighter or a period that is early or late. If your period is more than a week late, you may be pregnant.
- if you have severe abdominal pain, you may have an ectopic pregnancy, and should get immediate medical attention.
- when used as directed, My Choice is safe and effective. Side effects may include changes in your period, nausea, lower stomach (abdominal) pain, tiredness, headache, dizziness, and breast tenderness.
- if you vomit within 2 hours of taking the medication, call a healthcare professional to find out if you should repeat the dose.
What if I still have questions about My Choice?
If you have questions or need more information, call our toll-free number, 1-800-818-4555.
Keep out of reach of children:
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away at 1-800-222-1222.
Do not use if the blister seal is opened.
Store at room temperature 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F).
Active ingredient: levonorgestrel 1.5 mg
Inactive ingredients: colloidal silicon dioxide, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, talc, corn starch, lactose monohydrate
If you are sexually active, you should see a healthcare provider for routine checkups. Your healthcare provider will talk to you about and, if necessary, test you for sexually transmitted diseases, teach you about effective methods of routine birth control, and answer any other questions you may have.
Sun Pharmaceutical Ind. Ltd.
Halol-389 350, Gujarat, India.
Ohm Laboratories Inc.
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
|MY CHOICE TM
|Labeler - NuCare Pharmaceuticals,Inc. (010632300)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.