CETIRIZINE HYDROCHLORIDE by Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited
Medically reviewed on May 8, 2018
Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: CETIRIZINE HYDROCHLORIDE 10mg
Labeler: Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited
NDC Code: 13668-030
Active ingredient (in each tablet)
Cetirizine HCl 10 mg
relieves itching due to hives (urticaria). This product will not prevent hives or an allergic skin reaction from occuring.
Severe Allergy Warning: Get emergency help immediately if you have hives along with any of the following symptoms:
- trouble swallowing
- dizziness or loss of consciousness
- swelling of tongue
- trouble speaking
- swelling in or around mouth
- wheezing or problems breathing
These symptoms may be signs of anaphylactic shock. This condition can be life threatening if not treated by a health professional immediately. Symptoms of anaphylactic shock may occur when hives first appear or up to a few hours later.
Not a Substitute for Epinephrine. If your doctor has prescribed an epinephrine injector for "anaphylaxis" or severe allergy symptoms that could occur with your hives, never use this product as a substitute for the epinephrine injector. If you have been prescribed an epinephrine injector, you should carry it with you at all times.
Do not use
- to prevent hives from any known cause such as:
- insect stings
- latex or rubber gloves
because this product will not stop hives from occuring. Avoiding the cause of your hives is the only way to prevent them. Hives can sometimes be serious. If you do not know the cause of your hives, see your doctor for a medical exam. Your doctor may be able to help you find a cause.
• if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients or to an antihistamine containing hydroxyzine.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver or kidney disease. Your doctor should determine if you need a different dose.
- hives that are an unusual color, look bruised or blistered
- hives that do not itch
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking tranquilizers or sedatives.
When using this product
- drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- an allergic reaction to this product occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- symptoms do not improve after 3 days of treatment
- the hives have lasted more than 6 weeks
If pregnant or breast-feeding:
- If breast-feeding: not recommended
- If pregnant: ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
|adults and children 6 years and over||One 10 mg tablet once daily; do not take more
than one 10 mg tablet in 24 hours. A 5 mg
product may be appropriate for less severe
|adults 65 years and over||ask a doctor
|children under 6 years of age||ask a doctor
|consumers with liver or kidney disease||ask a doctor
- store between 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)
Inactive ingredients colloidal silicon dioxide, corn starch, hypromellose, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, polyethylene glycol, povidone, talc, titanium dioxide
Questions or comments?
call 1-269-544-2299 weekdays
cetirizine hydrochloride tablet
|Labeler - Torrent Pharmaceuticals Limited (916488547)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about cetirizine
- Cetirizine Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Patient Tips
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 167 Reviews
- Drug class: antihistamines
- Cetirizine Capsules and Tablets
- Cetirizine Chewable Tablets
- Cetirizine Orally Disintegrating Tablets
- Cetirizine Syrup