Silace by Carilion Materials Management
Medically reviewed on December 28, 2017
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: DOCUSATE SODIUM 10mg in 1mL
Labeler: Carilion Materials Management
NDC Code: 68151-0116
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active Ingredient: Docusate sodium 10 mg (in each 1 mL)
Purpose: Stool Softener
- for gentle, reliable relief from occasional constipation (irregularity)
- generally produces bowel movement in 12 to 72 hours
Do not use laxative products for longer than 1 week unless told to do so by a doctor
- if you are presently taking mineral oil unless told to do by a doctor
Ask doctor before use if you have
- stomach pain
- noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that last over two weeks
Stop use and ask a doctor if you have rectal bleeding or fail to have a bowel movement after use of a laxative. These could be signs of a serious condition
If pregnant or breast feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- take as indicated by doctor
- this product must be given in a 6 to 8 oz. glass of milk or fruit juice or infant's formula to prevent throat irritation. Dose may be taken as a single daily dose or in divided doses
- dosage should be adjusted to individual response
- higher doses are recommended for initial therapy
- the effect on stools is usually apparent 1 to 3 days after the first dose
|Adults and children over 12 years||50 to 200 mg (1 to 4 teaspoonful)
|Children 6 to under 12 years||50 to 100 mg (1 to 2 teaspoonful)
|Children 3 to under 6 years||25 to 50 mg(1/2 to 1 teaspoonful)
|Children under 3 years of age||Ask a doctor|
- store at room temperature 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
- protect from freezing and excessive heat
- do not use if tamperevident safety seal around cap is broken or missing
- dispense in tight, light-resistant container with a child-resistant closure
citric acid, D&C red no. 33, flavor, methylparaben, Poloxamer, propylene glycol, propylparaben, purified water, sodium citrate.
This product is not manufactured or distributed by Purdue Products LP, distributor of Colace® Liquid.
Silarx Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
1033 Stoneleigh Ave
Carmel, NY 10512
NDC: 68151-0116-1 1 mL in a CUP, UNIT-DOSE
docusate sodium liquid
|Labeler - Carilion Materials Management (079239644)|
|Carilion Materials Management||079239644||REPACK(68151-0116)|