Fiber Laxative by Geri-Care Pharmaceutical Corp
Medically reviewed on December 28, 2017
Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: CALCIUM POLYCARBOPHIL 625mg
Labeler: Geri-Care Pharmaceutical Corp
NDC Code: 57896-459
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Calcium Polycarbophil 625 mg
(equivalent to 500 mg polycarbophil)
- relieves occasional constipation
- promotes regularity
- this product generally produces a bowel movement in 12 to 72 hours
Choking: Taking this product without adequate fluid may cause it to swell and block your throat or esophagus and may cause choking.
• Do not take this product if you have difficulty in swallowing.
• If you experience chest pain, vomiting, or difficulty in swallowing or breathing after taking this product, seek immediate medical attention.
Do not use • for more than 1 week unless directed by a doctor
Ask a doctor before use if you have
• abdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting
• a sudden change in bowel habits that persists over a period of 2 weeks.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
• taking any other drug
• all laxatives may affect how other drugs work.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
• you have rectal bleeding
• you have no bowel movement within 3 days
• these could be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not exceed recommended dose
- take each dose with at least 8 ounces (a full glass) of fluid; taking this product without enough liquid may cause choking; see choking warning
- do not take this product within 2 hours before or after taking any other drug
|adults and children 12
years of age and older
|Starting dose: 2 caplets once a day
Maximum dose: 2 caplets four times a day or as directed by a doctor
|children under 12 years of age||consult a doctor|
• each caplet contains: calcium 138 mg
• store at controlled room temperature, 68°F-77°F (20°C-25°C)
• protect contents from moisture
• for institutional use only
Tamper Evident: Do not use if imprinted seal under cap is missing or broken.
caramel, cellulose, crospovidone, hypromellose,
magnesium silicate, magnesium stearate, mineral oil, PEG, silica, sodium
lauryl sulfate, stearic acid. May also contain calcium carbonate, croscarmellose
sodium, maltodextrin, talc.
calcium polycarbophil tablet
|Labeler - Geri-Care Pharmaceutical Corp (611196254)|
|Registrant - Geri-Care Pharmaceutical Corp (611196254)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.