Fiber Laxative by Geri-Care Pharmaceutical Corp
Dosage form: tablet
Ingredients: CALCIUM POLYCARBOPHIL 625mg
Labeler: Geri-Care Pharmaceutical Corp
NDC Code: 57896-459
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Calcium Polycarbophil 625 mg
(equivalent to 500 mg polycarbophil)
- relieves occasional constipation
- promotes regularity
- this product generally produces a bowel movement in 12 to 72 hours
Choking: Taking this product without adequate fluid may cause it to swell and block your throat or esophagus and may cause choking.
• Do not take this product if you have difficulty in swallowing.
• If you experience chest pain, vomiting, or difficulty in swallowing or breathing after taking this product, seek immediate medical attention.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
• abdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting
• a sudden change in bowel habits that persists over a period of 2 weeks.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking any other drug. Take this
product 2 or more hours before or after other drugs. All laxatives may affect how other
When using this product
- do not use for more than 7 days unless directed by a doctor
- do not take more than 8 caplets in a 24 hour period unless directed by a doctor
Stop use and ask a doctor if rectal bleeding occurs or if you fail to have a bowel movement
after use of this or any other laxative. These could be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- take each dose of this product with at least 8 ounces (a full glass) of water or other fluid. Taking this product without enough liquid may cause choking. See choking warning.
- This laxative works naturally so continued use for one to three days is normally required to provide full benefit. Dosage may vary according to diet, exercise, previous laxative use or severity of constipation.
|adults and children 12
years of age and older
|Starting dose: 2 caplets once a day
Maximum dose: 2 caplets four times a day or as directed by a doctor
|children under 12 years of age||consult a doctor|
• each caplet contains: calcium 138 mg
• store at controlled room temperature, 68°F-77°F (20°C-25°C)
• protect contents from moisture
• for institutional use only
Tamper Evident: Do not use if imprinted seal under cap is missing or broken.
caramel, cellulose, crospovidone, hypromellose,
magnesium silicate, magnesium stearate, mineral oil, PEG, silica, sodium
lauryl sulfate, stearic acid. May also contain calcium carbonate, croscarmellose
sodium, maltodextrin, talc.
calcium polycarbophil tablet
|Labeler - Geri-Care Pharmaceutical Corp (611196254)|
|Registrant - Geri-Care Pharmaceutical Corp (611196254)|
Medically reviewed on Dec 10, 2018
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.