BISACODYL by Geri-Care Pharmaceutical Corp
Dosage form: suppository
Ingredients: BISACODYL 10mg
Labeler: Geri-Care Pharmaceutical Corp
NDC Code: 57896-444
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Bisacodyl USP, 10 mg
- relieves occasional constipation
- this product generally produces a bowel movement in 15 minutes to 1 hour
For rectal use only.
- when abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting are present
a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts over a period of 2 weeks
you may experience
- rectal burning
- mild cramps
- abdominal discomfort
- rectal bleeding occurs
- you fail to have a bowel movement after using a laxative. These may be signs of a serious condition.
- you need to use a laxative for more than one week
ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- tear off one suppository from the strip
- tear and peel the wrapper in a downward motion
- continue tearing downward to almost the full length of the suppository (see illustration at the right)
- gently remove the suppository from the wrapper
- lie on your side and push suppository, with pointed end first, high into the rectum so it will not slip out
- retain it for 15 to 20 minutes
- do not exceed recommended dose
- if suppository seems soft, place in refrigerator for a short time before use
adults and children 12 years of age and over
|1 suppository once daily|
|children under 12 years||Ask a doctor|
store at temperatures below 30° C (86° F)
hydrogenated vegetable oil
|Labeler - Geri-Care Pharmaceutical Corp (611196254)|
|Registrant - Geri-Care Pharmaceutical Corp (611196254)|
|Geri-Care Pharmaceutical Corp||611196254||repack(57896-444)|
Medically reviewed on Dec 26, 2017