Proactiv Clear Zone
Medically reviewed on July 3, 2017.
Dosage form: lotion
Ingredients: SALICYLIC ACID 2mg in 100mL
Labeler: Guthy-Renker LLC
NDC Code: 11410-301
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Salicylic Acid 2.0%
For the management of acne
For external use only
When using this product
- using other topical acne medications at the same time or immediately following use of this product may increase dryness or irritation of the skin. If this occurs, only one medication should be used unless directed by a doctor.
- avoid contact with eyes. If contact occurs, rinse eyes thoroughly with water.
Stop use and ask a doctor if skin irritation occurs.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Cleanse the skin thoroughly before applying medication.
- Cover the entire affected area with a thin layer 1 to 3 times daily.
- Because excessive drying of the skin may occur, start with one application daily, then gradually increase to 2 or 3 times daily if needed or as directed by a doctor. If bothersome dryness or peeling occurs, reduce application to once a day or every other day.
water (aqua), cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, PPG-12/SMDI copolymer, hydroxyethyl acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate copolymer, squalane, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, retinyl palmitate, linoleamidopropyl PG-dimonium chloride phosphate, glycerin, cetearyl alcohol, polysorbate 60, propylene glycol, hexylene glycol, sodium hydroxide, phenoxyethanol, chlorphenesin, methylparaben, benzoic acid, fragrance (parfum)
salicylic acid lotion
|Labeler - Guthy-Renker LLC (608315453)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
More about salicylic acid topical
- Salicylic acid topical Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 8 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: topical acne agents
- Salicylic acid topical
- Salicylic Acid Cream, Gel, Liquid, and Lotion (Acne)
- Salicylic Acid Foam 6%
- Salicylic Acid Gel & Liquid (Dandruff, Psoriasis, or Seborrheic Dermatitis)
- Salicylic Acid Gel, Liquid, and Solution (Calluses, Corns, or Warts)
- ... +8 more