Aplicare Antiseptic Chlorhexidine Gluconate
Dosage form: solution
Ingredients: Chlorhexidine Gluconate 2g in 100g
Labeler: Aplicare, Inc.
NDC Code: 52380-1274
Chlorhexidine Gluconate 2% solution
Surgical hand scrub
Healthcare personnel handwash
Patient preoperative skin preparation
Skin wound and general skin cleansing
For external use only
Do not use
- if you are allergic to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other ingredients
- in contact with meninges
- in the genital area
- as a preoperative skin prep of the head or face
When using this product
- keep out of eyes, ears and mouth. May cause serious and permanent eye injury if placed or kept in the eye during surgical procedures or may cause deafness when installed in the middle ear through perforated ear drums.
- if solution should contact these areas, rinse out promptly and thoroughly with water
- wounds which involve more than the superficial layers of the skin should not be routinely treated
- repeated general skin cleansing of large body areas should not be done except when the underlying condition makes it necessary to reduce the bacterial population of the skin
Stop use and ask a doctor if irritation, sensitization or allergic reaction occurs. This may be signs of a serious condition.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Surgical hand scrub
- wet hands and forearms under running water
- scrub for 3 minutes with about 5 ml of product and a wet brush paying close attention to the nails, cuticles and interdigital spaces
- a separate nail cleaner may be used
- rinse thoroughly
- wash for an additional 3 minutes with 5 ml of product and rinse under running water
- dry thoroughly
- wet hands with water
- dispense about 5 ml of product into cupped hands and wash in a vigorous manner for 15 seconds
- rinse and dry thoroughly
- apply product liberally to surgical site and swab for at least 2 minutes
- dry with a sterile towel
- repeat procedure for an additional 2 minutes and dry with a sterile towel
- thoroughly rinse the area to be cleaned with water
- apply the minimum amount of product necessary to cover the skin or wound area and wash gently
- rinse again thoroughly
Questions or comments?
1-800-760-3236 (Mon.-Fri. 8:30AM - 5:00 PM EST)
|APLICARE ANTISEPTIC CHLORHEXIDINE GLUCONATE
chlorhexidine gluconate solution
|Labeler - Aplicare, Inc. (107255002)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.