SINE OFF SINUS/COLD MEDICINE
Medically reviewed on July 3, 2017
Dosage form: tablet, film coated
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 500mg, CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 2mg, PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 5mg
Labeler: Gemini Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
NDC Code: 51645-291
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Chlorpheniramine maleate 2mg
Phenylephrine HCl 5mg
- temporarily relieves these symptoms of hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies:
- sinus congestion and pressure
- nasal congestion
- runny nose and sneezing
- minor aches and pains
- temporarily relieves these additional symptoms of hay fever:
- itching of the nose and throat
- itchy, watery eyes
- helps clear nasal passages
- helps decongest sinus openings and passages
This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 8 caplets in 24 hours, which is maximum daily amount for this product.
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen.
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this products
- if you are now taking prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI Drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- Liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostrate gland
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin.
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- do not exceed recommended dosage.
- excitability may occur,especially in children
- drowsiness may occur
- alcohol, sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- be careful when driving motor vehicle or operating machinery
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
- pain or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
If pregnant or breast feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Overdose Warning: Taking more than recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center Right away. (1-800-222-1222). Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not take more than directed (see overdose warning)
- take 2 caplets every 4 to 6 hours as needed
- Swallow whole - do not crush, chew or dissolve.
- do not take more than 8 caplets in 24 hours.
- Do not use this adult product in children under 12 years of age, this will provide more than the recommended dose (overdose) and may cause the liver damage.
- Store at room temperature
- avoid excessive heat and humidity
- Retain carton for complete product information
If you have any questions or comments, or to report an adverse event, please contact 1-888-876-6898
See the New Warning Information
Strong, Fast Relief!
- Relieves Sinus Headache
- Runny Nose
- Itchy, Watery eyes
Acetaminophen 500mg.............Pain Reliever
Chlorpheniramine maleate 2mg....Antihistamine
Phenylephrine HCl 5mg............Nasal decongestant
acetaminophen, chlorpheniramine maleate, phenylephrine hydrochloride tablet, film coated
|Labeler - Gemini Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (055942270)|
|Gemini Pharmaceuticals, Inc.||055942270||manufacture|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
More about acetaminophen/chlorpheniramine/phenylephrine
- Acetaminophen/chlorpheniramine/phenylephrine Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- En Español
- 11 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations
- Acetaminophen, chlorpheniramine, and phenylephrine
- Acetaminophen, Chlorpheniramine, and Phenylephrine Effervescent Tablets
- Acetaminophen, Chlorpheniramine, and Phenylephrine Tablets