Medically reviewed on October 14, 2016.
Dosage form: solution
Ingredients: GUAIFENESIN 100mg in 5mL
Labeler: Qualitest Pharmaceuticals
NDC Code: 0603-0857
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Guaifenesin, USP 100 mg
helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to make coughs more productive
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
Stop use and ask a doctor if cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- use an accurate measuring device to administer this medication
- do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period
- this adult product is not intended for use in children under 12 years of age
adults and children
2 - 4 teaspoons
do not use
- each tsp contains: sodium 2 mg
- store at 15° to 30°C (59° to 86°F)
You may report serious side effects to: 130 Vintage Drive, Huntsville, AL 35811.
caramel color, FD&C red #40, flavor, glycerin, liquid glucose, purified water, saccharin sodium, sodium benzoate
Made in the USA
for Qualitest Pharmaceuticals
Huntsville, AL 35811
Rev. 1/15 R9
|Labeler - Qualitest Pharmaceuticals (011103059)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
More about guaifenesin
- Guaifenesin Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 180 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: expectorants
- Guaifenesin Extended-Release Tablets
- Guaifenesin Granules
- Guaifenesin Tablets
- Guaifenesin Liquid
- Guaifenesin (Advanced Reading)