Rugby Capsaicin External Analgesic
Medically reviewed on February 1, 2018
Dosage form: cream
Ingredients: Capsaicin 0.025g in 100g
Labeler: Rugby Laboratories, Inc.
NDC Code: 0536-2525
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
temporarily relieves minor aches and pains of muscles and joints due to:
- simple backache
For external use only
Read all warnings and directions before use. Test first on small area of skin.
Do not use
- on wounds or damaged skin
- if you are allergic to capsicum or chili peppers
- you may experience a burning sensation. The intensity of this reaction varies among individuals and may be severe. With regular use, this sensation generally disappears after several days.
- avoid contact with the eyes, lips, nose and mucous membranes
- do not tightly wrap or bandage the treated area
- do not apply heat to the treated area immediately before or after use
- condition worsens or does not improve after regular use
- severe burning persists or blistering occurs
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
Adults and children 18 years of age and older:
- apply a thin film of cream to affected area and gently rub in until fully absorbed
- unless treating hands, wash hands thoroughly with soap and water immediately after application
- for best results, apply 3 to 4 times daily.
Children under 18 years: ask a doctor
store at room temperature 15° - 30°C (59° - 86°F)
acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, cetyl acetate, methylparaben, PPG-20 methyl glucose ether distearate, propylene glycol, propylparaben, stearate-100, stearic acid, stearyl alcohol, triethanolamine, water
Call 1-800-645-2158 9 am - 5 pm ET, Monday - Friday
Rugby Laboratories, Inc.
Duluth, Georgia 30097
|Labeler - Rugby Laboratories, Inc. (191427277)|
|Registrant - Garcoa, Inc. (103039178)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
More about capsaicin topical
- Capsaicin topical Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 66 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: miscellaneous topical agents
- Capsaicin topical
- Capsaicin 8% Patch
- Capsaicin Cream, Gel, Liquid, and Lotion
- Capsaicin Patch
- Capsaicin in Lidocaine Cream
- Capsaicin Topical (Advanced Reading)