Childrens QPAP by Qualitest Pharmaceuticals
Medically reviewed on April 20, 2018
Dosage form: suspension
Ingredients: ACETAMINOPHEN 160mg in 5mL
Labeler: Qualitest Pharmaceuticals
NDC Code: 0603-0841
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Acetaminophen, USP 160 mg
Pain reliever/ fever reducer
- temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
- the common cold
- sore throat
- temporarily reduces fever
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if your child takes
- more than 5 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if your child is allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product
Ask a doctor before use if your child has liver disease
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if your child is taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 5 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- new symptoms occur
- redness or swelling is present
These could be signs of a serious condition.
Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222). Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
this product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use
- do not give more than directed (see overdose warning)
- shake well before using
- mL = milliliter; tsp = teaspoonful
- find right dose on chart below. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise, use age.
- use only enclosed dosing cup designed for use with this product. Do not use any other dosing device.
- if needed, repeat dose every 4 hours while symptoms last
- do not give more than 5 times in 24 hours
|Weight (lb)||Age (yr)||Dose (mL or tsp)|
|under 24||under 2 years||ask a doctor|
|24-35||2-3 years||5 mL (1 tsp)|
|36-47||4-5 years||7.5 mL (1 ½ tsp)|
|48-59||6-8 years||10 mL (2 tsp)|
|60-71||9-10 years||12.5 mL (2 ½ tsp)|
|72-95||11 years||15 mL (3 tsp)|
Attention: Specifically designed for use with enclosed measuring cup. Use only enclosed measuring cup to dose this product. Do not use any other dosing device.
- each 5 mL (1 tsp) contains: sodium 2 mg
- store at 15° to 30°C (59° to 86°F)
You may report serious side effects to: 130 Vintage Drive, Huntsville, AL 35811.
butylparaben, citric acid, D&C red #33, FD&C red #40, flavors, glycerin, high fructose corn syrup, hypromellose, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol solution, xanthan gum
Made in the USA
for Qualitest Pharmaceuticals
Huntsville, AL 35811
Rev. 3/15 R9
|Labeler - Qualitest Pharmaceuticals (011103059)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
More about acetaminophen
- Acetaminophen Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 49 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: miscellaneous analgesics
- Acetaminophen injection
- Acetaminophen rectal
- Acetaminophen Capsules and Tablets
- Acetaminophen Chewable Tablets
- ... +9 more