Medically reviewed on December 28, 2017
Dosage form: suspension
Ingredients: ACTIVATED CHARCOAL 50g in 240mL
Labeler: VistaPharm, Inc.
NDC Code: 66689-201
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Activated Charcoal, USP 50g
- For emergency use to adsorb swallowed poisons
- until after the patient has vomited, unless directed by a health professional
- in persons that are not fully conscious
- unless directed by a health professional, if turpentine, corrosives, such as alkalies (lye) and strong acids, or petroleum distillates, such as kerosene, gasoline, paint thinner, cleaning fluid or furniture polish, have been ingested
ask a health professional before use.
- Shake vigorously to suspend charcoal before use.
- Remove foil seal underneath cap and replace cap.
- Cut off delivery tip of bottle 3/4 inch from end for drinking.
- Administer entire 240 mL if possible.
- Repeat dose immediately with Insta-Char Aqueous base product if possible.
- If previous attempts to contact a poison control center. emergency medical facility, of health professional were unsuccessful, continue trying.
- Keep patient active and moving.
- Save the container of poison.
|Adult and Children 12 years and over and weighing at least 32 kg (71 lbs.)||50-100g (1-2 adult bottles) or 1-2g per kg of body weight. If a second bottle is recommended, the additional bottle should be Insta-Char in an Aqueous Base unless otherwise directed by a physician.|
citric acid, glycerin, propylene glycol, purified water, sucrose
poison treatment adsorbent suspension
|Labeler - VistaPharm, Inc. (116743084)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about charcoal
- Charcoal Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 0 Reviews
- Drug class: antidotes
- Charcoal, Activated (AHFS Monograph)
- Charcoal, Activated (Wolters Kluwer)
- Charcoal (Advanced Reading)