Dosage form: suspension
Ingredients: ACTIVATED CHARCOAL 50g in 240mL
Labeler: VISTAPHARM INC
NDC Code: 66689-201
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Activated Charcoal, USP 50g
- until after the patient has vomited, unless directed by a health professional
- in persons that are not fully conscious
- unless directed by a health professional, if turpentine, corrosives, such as alkalies (lye) and strong acids, or petroleum distillates, such as kerosene, gasoline, paint thinner, cleaning fluid or furniture polish, have been ingested
ask a health professional before use.
- Shake vigorously to suspend charcoal before use.
- Remove foil seal underneath cap and replace cap.
- Cut off delivery tip of bottle 3/4 inch from end for drinking.
- Administer entire 240 mL if possible.
- Repeat dose immediately with Insta-Char Aqueous base product if possible.
- If previous attempts to contact a poison control center. emergency medical facility, of health professional were unsuccessful, continue trying.
- Keep patient active and moving.
- Save the container of poison.
Adults and children 12 years and over and weighing at least 32 kg (71lbs.)
50-100g (1-2 adult bottles) or 1-2g per kg of body weight. If a second bottle is recommended, the additional bottle should be Insta-Char in an Aqueous Base unless otherwise directed by a physician.
citric acid, glycerin, propylene glycol, purified water, sucrose
877-437-8567 M-F 8am to 5pm (ct)
poison treatment adsorbent suspension suspension
|Labeler - VISTAPHARM INC (048458728)|
|Registrant - DSC Laboratories, Div. of DSC Products Inc. (097807374)|
|DSC Laboratories, Div. of DSC Products Inc.||097807374||manufacture|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.