Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Nov 14, 2019.
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 2mg in 5mL, PSEUDOEPHEDRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 30mg in 5mL
Labeler: Larken Laboratories, Inc.
NDC Code: 68047-120
(In each 5 mL teaspoonful)
Chlorpheniramine Maleate, USP 2 mg
Pseudoephedrine HCl, USP 30 mg
Chlorpheniramine Maleate Antihistamine
Pseudoephedrine HCl Nasal decongestant
temporarily relieves these symptoms due to hay fever (allergic rhinitis):
- runny nose
- itching of the nose or throat
- itchy, watery eyes
- temporarily relieves nasal congestion due to the common cold, hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies.
- temporarily restores freer breathing through the nose
Do not use
- to sedate a child or make a child sleepy
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this drug.
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- taking any other nasal decongestant or stimulant
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
Do not exceed recommended dosage.
- marked drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic beverages
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur.
- symptoms do not improve within 7 days or are accompanied by fever.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
Do not exceed 4 doses in a 24-hour period
|Adults and children over 12 years of age||2 teaspoonsful (10 mL) every 4 to 6 hours|
|Children 6 to under 12 years of age||1 teaspoonful (5 mL) every 4 to 6 hours|
|Children under 6 years of age||Ask your doctor|
- store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
- very low sodium, contains less than 1 mg sodium per 5 mL teaspoonful
cherry flavoring, methylparaben, polyethylene glycol, propylparaben, purified water saccharin sodium, and sorbitol
Call 1-888-527-5522 weekdays from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm CST or go to http://www.larkenlabs.com.
chlorpheniramine maleate / pseudoephedrine hcl liquid
|Labeler - Larken Laboratories, Inc. (149484540)|
|Registrant - Larken Laboratories, Inc. (149484540)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about chlorpheniramine / pseudoephedrine
- Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- 11 Reviews
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations