Dosage form: suspension
Ingredients: ACTIVATED CHARCOAL 50g in 240mL
Labeler: VISTAPHARM INC
NDC Code: 66689-203
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Activated Charcoal, USP 50g
- until after the patient has vomited, unless directed by a health professional
- in persons that are not fully conscious
- unless directed by a health professional, if turpentine, corrosives, such as alkalies (lye) and strong acids, or petroleum distillates, such as kerosene, gasoline, paint thinner, cleaning fluid or furniture polish, have been ingested
severe cramping and diarrhea may be experienced.
ask a health professional before use.
- Shake vigorously to suspend charcoal before use.
- Remove foil seal underneath cap and replace cap.
- Cut off delivery tip of bottle 3/4 inch from end to insert drinking straw included with bottle.
- Pull or cut off tip from included cherry flabor and squeeze flavor into straw.
- Administer entire 240 mL if possible.
- Repeat dose immediately with Insta-Char Aqueous base product if possible.
- If previous attempts to contact a poison control center. emergency medical facility, of health professionsl were unsuccessful, continue trying.
- Keep patient active and moving.
- Save the container of poison.
Adults and children 12 years and over and weighing at least 32 kg (71lbs.)
50-100g (1-2 adult bottles) or 1-2g per kg of body weight. If a second bottle is recommended, the additional bottle should be Insta-Char in an Aqueous Base unless otherwise directed by a physician.
- Drinking straw and cherry flavor included
citric acid, glycerin, propylene glycol, purified water, sorbitol
artificial flavor, citric acid, FD and C red #40, propylene glycol, sodium benzoate, water, xanthan gum
877-437-8567 M-F 8am to 5pm (ct)
If possible call a Poison Control Center, emergency medical facility, or health professional for help before using this product. If help cannot be reached quickly, follow directions on this label. Read the warnings and directions as soon as you buy this product. Insert emergency phone number(s) in space provided below on the label.
poison treatment adsorbent suspension suspension
|Labeler - VISTAPHARM INC (048458728)|
|Registrant - DSC Laboratories, Div. of DSC Products Inc. (097807374)|
|DSC Laboratories, Div. of DSC Products Inc.||097807374||manufacture|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.