PREPARATION H COOLING Gel
Dosage form: gel
Ingredients: PHENYLEPHRINE HYDROCHLORIDE 2.5mg in 1g, WITCH HAZEL 500mg in 1g
Labeler: Wyeth Consumer Healthcare LLC
NDC Code: 0573-2840
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
(phenylephrine HCl and witch hazel)
Phenylephrine HCl 0.25%
Witch hazel 50.0%
- helps relieve the local itching and discomfort associated with hemorrhoids
- temporary relief of irritation and burning
- temporarily shrinks hemorrhoidal tissue
- aids in protecting irritated anorectal areas
For external use only
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
presently taking a prescription drug for high blood pressure or depression.
- do not exceed the recommended daily dosage unless directed by a doctor
- do not put this product into the rectum by using fingers or any mechanical device or applicator
- bleeding occurs
- condition worsens or does not improve within 7 days
ask a health professional before use.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- adults: when practical, cleanse the affected area by patting or blotting with an appropriate cleansing wipe. Gently dry by patting or blotting with a tissue or a soft cloth before applying gel.
- when first opening the tube, puncture foil seal with top end of cap
- apply externally to the affected area up to 4 times daily, especially at night, in the morning or after each bowel movement
- children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
aloe barbadensis leaf juice, edetate disodium, hydroxyethyl cellulose, methylparaben, polysorbate 80, propylene glycol, propylparaben, purified water, sodium citrate, sulisobenzone, vitamin E acetate
Call weekdays 9 AM to 5 PM EST at 1-800-99PrepH or 1-800-997-7374.
- Clear, Non-Greasy Formula with
No Unpleasant Scent
- Prompt, Cooling Relief from Painful
Burning & Itching
- Shrinks Swollen Hemorrhoidal Tissue
- Relieves External Discomfort
1 TUBE | NET WT 1.8 OZ (51 g)
|PREPARATION H COOLING GEL
phenylephrine hcl, witch hazel gel
|Labeler - Wyeth Consumer Healthcare LLC (828831730)|
Medically reviewed on Dec 14, 2018
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Preparation H Cooling Gel (phenylephrine topical)
- Preparation H Cooling Gel Side Effects
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- Drug class: anorectal preparations