PREPARATION H COOLING GEL
Medically reviewed on February 9, 2018
Dosage form: gel
Ingredients: phenylephrine hydrochloride 2.5mg in 1g, witch hazel 500mg in 1g
Labeler: Wyeth Consumer Healthcare
NDC Code: 0573-2840
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
(phenylephrine HCl and witch hazel)
Phenylephrine HCl 0.25%
Witch hazel 50.0%
- helps relieve the local itching and discomfort associated with hemorrhoids
- temporary relief of irritation and burning
- temporarily shrinks hemorrhoidal tissue
- aids in protecting irritated anorectal areas
For external use only
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
presently taking a prescription drug for high blood pressure or depression.
- do not exceed the recommended daily dosage unless directed by a doctor
- do not put this product into the rectum by using fingers or any mechanical device or applicator
- bleeding occurs
- condition worsens or does not improve within 7 days
ask a health professional before use.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- adults: when practical, cleanse the affected area by patting or blotting with an appropriate cleansing wipe. Gently dry by patting or blotting with a tissue or a soft cloth before applying gel.
- when first opening the tube, puncture foil seal with top end of cap
- apply externally to the affected area up to 4 times daily, especially at night, in the morning or after each bowel movement
- children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
aloe barbadensis leaf juice, edetate disodium, hydroxyethyl cellulose, methylparaben, polysorbate 80, propylene glycol, propylparaben, purified water, sodium citrate, sulisobenzone, vitamin E acetate
Call weekdays 9 AM to 5 PM EST at 1-800-99PrepH or 1-800-997-7374.
The product packaging shown below represents a sample of that currently in use. Additional packaging may also be available.
PREPARATION H HEMORRHOIDAL Cooling Gel
Fast Cooling Relief
Clear, Non-Greasy Formula with No Unpleasant Scent
Prompt Cooling Relief from Painful Burning and Itching
Shrinks Swollen Hemorrhoidal Tissue
Relieves External Discomfort
NET WT 1.8 OZ (51g)
Do Not Use if tube seal under cap embossed with “H” is broken or missing.
For most recent product information, visit www.preparationh.com
Wyeth Consumer Healthcare
Madison, NJ 07940 USA ©2009 Wyeth
|PREPARATION H COOLING GEL
phenylephrine hcl, witch hazel gel
|Labeler - Wyeth Consumer Healthcare (828831730)|
|Richmond Division of Wyeth||829390827||MANUFACTURE, ANALYSIS|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Preparation H Cooling Gel (phenylephrine topical)
- Preparation H Cooling Gel Side Effects
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 0 Reviews
- Drug class: anorectal preparations