Cetirizine Hydrochloride by Pharmaceutical Associates, Inc.
Dosage form: syrup
Ingredients: Cetirizine Hydrochloride 5mg in 5mL
Labeler: Pharmaceutical Associates, Inc.
NDC Code: 0121-4780
Cetirizine hydrochloride 5 mg
temporarily relieves these symptoms due to hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies:
- runny nose
- itchy, watery eyes
- itching of the nose or throat
Do not use if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients or to an antihistamine containing hydroxyzine.
Ask a doctor before use if you have liver or kidney disease. Your doctor should determine if you need a different dose.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking tranquilizers or sedatives.
When using this product
- drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
Stop use and ask a doctor if an allergic reaction to this product occurs. Seek medical help right away.
If pregnant or breast-feeding
- if pregnant: ask a health professional before use
- if breast-feeding: not recommended
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- adults and children 6 years and over: 1 teaspoonful (5 mL) or 2 teaspoonfuls (10 mL) once daily depending upon severity of symptoms; do not take more than 2 teaspoonfuls (10 mL) in 24 hours
- adults 65 years and over: 1 teaspoonful (5 mL) once daily; do not take more than 1 teaspoonful (5 mL) in 24 hours
- children 2 to under 6 years of age: 1⁄2 teaspoonful (2.5 mL) once daily. If needed, dose can be increased to a maximum of 1 teaspoonful (5 mL) once daily or 1⁄2 teaspoonful (2.5 mL) every 12 hours. Do not give more than 1 teaspoonful (5 mL) in 24 hours.
- children under 2 years of age: ask a doctor
- consumers with liver or kidney disease: ask a doctor
- store between 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)
- colorless to slightly yellow, banana-grape flavored liquid supplied in the following oral dosage form: NDC 0121-4780-05 (unit dose cups of 5 mL)
flavors, glacial acetic acid, glycerin, methylparaben, propylene glycol, propylparaben, sodium acetate, sugar, and purified water.
Cypress Pharmaceutical, Inc.
Madison, MS 39110
Greenville, SC 29605
cetirizine hydrochloride syrup
|Labeler - Pharmaceutical Associates, Inc. (044940096)|
|Pharmaceutical Associates, Inc.||044940096||MANUFACTURE, REPACK|
|Cypress Pharmaceutical, Inc.||790248942||MANUFACTURE|
Medically reviewed on Sep 14, 2018
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about cetirizine
- Cetirizine Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Patient Tips
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 169 Reviews
- Drug class: antihistamines
- Cetirizine Capsules and Tablets
- Cetirizine Chewable Tablets
- Cetirizine Orally Disintegrating Tablets
- Cetirizine Syrup