The originating document has been archived. We cannot confirm the completeness, accuracy and currency of the content.
Cepacol Sore Throat Plus Cough
Dosage form: lozenge
Ingredients: BENZOCAINE 7.5mg, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 5mg
Labeler: Combe Incorporated
NDC Code: 11509-0020
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Cēpacol® Sore Throat + Cough Lozenges
Benzocaine 7.5 mg
Dextromethorphan hydrobromide 5.0 mg
- relieves occasional minor irritation, pain, sore mouth and sore throat
- controls cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation associated with a cold
Allergy alert: Do not use this product if you have a history of allergy to local anesthetics such as procaine, butacaine, benzocaine or any other ‘caine’ anesthetics.
Sore throat warning: Severe or persistent sore throat or sore throat accompanied by high fever, headache, nausea, and vomiting may be serious. Consult a doctor promptly. Do not use for more than 2 days or give to children under 6 years of age.
you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAIO, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking the product.
- a cough that is accompanied by excessive phlegm (mucus)
- a persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
- sore mouth symptoms do not improve in 7 days, or if irritation, pain or redness persists or worsens.
- cough persists for more than 1 week, tends to recur, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Do not exceed recommended dosage.
- adults and children 12 years of age and older: take 2 lozenges (one immediately after the other) and allow each lozenge to dissolve slowly in the mouth; may be repeated every 4 hours, not to exceed 12 lozenges in any 24 hour period, or as directed by a doctor.
- children under 6 years of age: do not use.
- store at room temperature (68-77°F) (20-25°C)
- protect contents from humidity
blue 1, cetylpyridinium chloride (Ceepryn®), flavor, glucose, potassium acesulfame, propylene glycol, red 40, sodium bicarbonate, sucrose
|CEPACOL SORE THROAT PLUS COUGH
benzocaine and dextromethorphan hydrobromide lozenge
|Labeler - Combe Incorporated (002406502)|
|First Boston Pharma LLC||618613590||MANUFACTURE|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.