Pink Bismuth by Pharmaceutical Associates, Inc.
Medically reviewed on August 30, 2017
Dosage form: suspension
Ingredients: Bismuth Subsalicylate 262mg in 15mL
Labeler: Pharmaceutical Associates, Inc.
NDC Code: 0121-4803
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
(Bismuth Subsalicylate Oral Suspension)
Bismuth subsalicylate 262 mg
upset stomach reliever and antidiarrheal
- upset stomach
(Also relieves traveler's diarrhea and gas, belching, and fullness due to overindulgence with food and drink.)
Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea or vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Contains salicylate. Do not take if you are
- allergic to salicylates (including aspirin)
- taking other salicylate products
- an ulcer
- a bleeding problem
- bloody or black stool
- mucus in the stool
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking any drug for
- anticoagulation (thinning the blood)
When using this product a temporary, but harmless, darkening of the stool and/or tongue may occur.
- symptoms get worse
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- diarrhea lasts more than 2 days
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- shake well before use.
- adults and children 12 years and over: 1 dose (2 Tbsp or 30 mL) every 1/2 to 1 hour as needed
- do not exceed 8 doses (16 Tbsp or 240 mL) in 24 hours.
- use until diarrhea stops, but not more than 2 days.
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor.
- drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea.
- each Tbsp (15 mL) contains: sodium 5 mg
- low sodium
- sugar free
- salicylate 145 mg
- may not meet USP requirements for pH
- pink colored, peppermint flavored liquid supplied in the following oral dosage form: NDC 0121-4803-30 (unit dose cups of 30 mL).
- store at 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F). Protect from freezing.
D&C Red No. 22, D&C Red No. 28, methyl salicylate, peppermint flavor, potassium sorbate, purified water, salicylic acid, sodium benzoate, sodium saccharin, sodium salicylate, veegum and xanthan gum.
Greenville, SC 29605
bismuth subsalicylate suspension
|Labeler - Pharmaceutical Associates, Inc. (044940096)|
|Pharmaceutical Associates, Inc.||044940096||MANUFACTURE|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
More about Pink Bismuth (bismuth subsalicylate)
- Pink Bismuth Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: antidiarrheals