Enema by H and P Industries, Inc. dba Triad Group
Dosage form: enema
Ingredients: mineral oil 118mL in 118mL
Labeler: H and P Industries, Inc. dba Triad Group
NDC Code: 50730-2113
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Mineral Oil, 100%
- For relief of occasional constipation. This product generally produced bowel movement in 2 to 15 minutes.
For rectal use only.
- If you have abdominal pain, nausea, or vomiting, unless directed by a doctor.
- Longer than one week unless directed by a doctor.
- More than one enema per day unless directed by a doctor.
- if you have noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that persist over a period of 2 weeks
- use results in unusual pain or other side effects.
- you have rectal bleeding or failure to have a bowel movement after use of a laxative. This may indicate a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Do not use more unless directed by a doctor.
|Adults and children |
12 years and older
|One bottle (4 oz.)
120 mL delivered dose
|Children 2 years to |
12 years old
|1/2 Adult dose (2 oz.)
60 mL delivered dose
|Children under |
2 years of age
|Ask a doctor|
Adults and children 12 years of age and older: rectal enema dosage is 120 milliliters in a single daily dose.
Children 2 to 12 years of age: rectal enema dosage is 60 mililiters in a single daily dose, 1/2 of a bottle. (Children's dose of 60 mililiters can be measured by removing mineral oil from the bottle until the words "Mineral Oil" on the front face of the bottle are just covered).
- Children under 2 years of age: ask a doctor.
Left side position: Lie on left side with right knee bent and arms resting comfortably.
Knee chest position: Kneel, lower head and chest forward until left side of the face is resting on surface with arms resting comfortably.
CAUTION: Remove orange protective shield before inserting. To do so, hold bottle upright with one hand and pull gently to remove.
- with steady pressure, gently insert enema tip into rectum with a side to side movement with tip pointing toward navel.
- stop using if tip is hard to insert. Forcing tip into the rectum can cause injury (especially if you have hemorrhoids). If enema tip causes rectal bleeding or pain, get immediate medical care.
- Squeeze bottle until nearly all the liquid is released. Remove from rectum. Maintain position until urge to evacuate is strong (usually 1 to 5 minutes). If no urge is felt after 5 minutes of using, try to empty bowel. Call a doctor promptly if no liquid comes out of the rectum after 30 minutes because dehydration could occur.
This product does not contain Dry Natural Rubber or Natural Rubber Latex.
protective shield prevents contamination
lubricated tip assures ease of insertion
one way safety valve prevents reflux
easy to grip and squeeze bottle
carton sealed for safety
4 1/2 fl. oz. (133 ml)
CAT. No. 10-2113
Brookfield, WI 53045
mineral oil enema
|Labeler - H and P Industries, Inc. dba Triad Group (050259597)|
|Registrant - H and P Industries, Inc. dba Triad Group (050259597)|
|H and P Industries, Inc. dba Triad Group||050259597||manufacture|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.