HurriCaine Topical Anesthetic by Beutlich Pharmaceuticals, LLC
Dosage form: spray
Ingredients: BENZOCAINE 200mg in 1g
Labeler: Beutlich Pharmaceuticals, LLC
NDC Code: 0283-0679
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
for the temporary relief of occasional minor irritation and pain, associated with:
- canker sores
- sore mouth and throat
- minor injury of the mouth and gums
- minor dental proedures
- minor irritation of the mouth and gums caused by dentures or orthodontic appliances
Methemoglobinemia warning:Use of this product may cause methemoglobinemia, a serious condition that must be treated promptly because it reduces the amount of oxygen carried in blood. This can occur even if you have used this product before. Stop use and seek immediate medical attention if you or a child in your care develops:
• pale, gray, or blue colored skin (cyanosis)
• rapid heart rate
• shortness of breath
• dizziness or lightheadedness
• fatigue or lack of energy
Allergy alert: Do not use if you have a history of allergy to local anesthetics such as procaine, butacaine, benzocaine or other "caine" anesthetics.
Flammable. Do not use near fire or flame. Avoid smoking during use.
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, swelling, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly. If sore mouth symptoms do not improve in 7 days, or irritation, pain, or redness persists or worsens, see your dentist or doctor promptly.
Do not use
• for teething
• in children under 2 years of age
When using this product
- avoid spraying in eyes
- do not store at temperature above 49 °C (120 °F)
- do not puncture or incinerate. Contents under pressure.
- use only as directed. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling the contents can be harmful or fatal.
If more than used for pain is accidentally swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center immediately.
- do not exceed recommended dosage
- firmly insert extension tube into spray can valve and ensure it fits securely into the actuator opening
- position the extension tube 1-2 inches from the affected area
- spray 1/2 second (press and immediately release actuator)
- repeat once if necessary
- anesthesia is accomplished in approximately 20 seconds
adults and children 2 years of age and older: Use up to 4 times daily or as directed by a dentist or doctor.
children under 12 years of age: should be supervised in the use of the product.
children under 2 years of age: do not use.
flavor, hydrocarbon propellant (isobutane and propane), polyethylene glycol, sodium saccharin
M-F: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. ET
|Labeler - Beutlich Pharmaceuticals, LLC (005209325)|
|Registrant - Beutlich Pharmaceuticals, LLC (005209325)|
Medically reviewed on Jun 6, 2018
More about benzocaine topical
- Benzocaine topical Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- En Español
- 17 Reviews
- Drug class: topical anesthetics
- FDA Alerts (4)
- Benzocaine topical
- Benzocaine Orally Disintegrating Tablets
- Benzocaine Lozenges
- Benzocaine Oral Cream, Gel, Liquid, and Ointment
- Benzocaine Oral Spray
- ... +8 more