TIOCONAZOLE Ointment 6.5%
Medically reviewed on August 31, 2017.
Dosage form: ointment
Ingredients: TIOCONAZOLE 65mg in 1g
Labeler: DPT Laboratories, Ltd.
NDC Code: 63094-0426
(in each applicator)
Tioconazole 300 mg (6.5%)
- treats vaginal yeast infections
- vaginal itching and discomfort for the first time
- lower abdominal, back or shoulder pain, fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, or foul-smelling vaginal discharge. You may have a more serious condition.
- vaginal yeast infections often (such as once a month or 3 in 6 months). You could be pregnant or have a serious underlying medical cause for your symptoms, including diabetes or a weakened immune system.
- been exposed to human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) that causes AIDS
- do not use tampons, douches, spermicides, or other vaginal products. Condoms and diaphragms may be damaged and fail to prevent pregnancy or sexually transmitted disease (STDs).
- do not have vaginal intercourse
- mild increase in vaginal burning, itching or irritation may occur
- symptoms do not get better after 3 days
- symptoms last more than 7 days
- you get a rash or hives, abdominal pain, fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, or foul-smelling vaginal discharge
- before using this product read the enclosed brochure and instructions on foil packet for complete directions and information
- adults and children 12 years and over: 1.Open the foil packet just before use and remove purple cap. 2.Insert entire contents of applicator into the vagina at bedtime. Throw applicator away after use.
- children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
- this product is a 1-dose treatment, most women do not experience complete relief of their symptoms in just one day. Most women experience some relief within one day and complete relief of symptoms within 7 days.
- if you have questions about vaginal yeast infections, consult your doctor
- store at 20 - 25°C (68 - 77°F)
- see end flap of carton for lot number and expiration date
TIOCONAZOLE OINTMENT 6.5%
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Tear open foil packet just before using. It is best to use at bedtime.
- Remove applicator and plunger from packet. Applicator is prefilled with vaginal ointment.
- While firmly holding the purple-capped end of the applicator, push the tip of the plunger into the base of applicator.
REMOVE PURPLE CAP from top of applicator with a pull-twist action.
Insert the applicator
- Lie on your back with your knees bent. Gently insert applicator into the vagina as far as it will go comfortably.
- Push the plunger into the applicator until it will go no farther. Withdraw the applicator and plunger and dispose of it in the wastebasket. Do not flush.
- DO NOT USE TAMPONS while using this medicine. Use sanitary napkins instead.
PLEASE READ EDUCATIONAL BROCHURE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
ALLEGAN, MI 48010 U.S.A.
|Labeler - DPT Laboratories, Ltd. (621782218)|
|Registrant - DPT Laboratories, Ltd. (621782218)|
|DPT Laboratories, Ltd.||621782218||manufacture|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
More about tioconazole topical
- Tioconazole topical Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 1155 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: vaginal anti-infectives