Americaine by Insight Pharmaceuticals LLC
Medically reviewed on April 20, 2018
Dosage form: ointment
Ingredients: BENZOCAINE 5.6g in 28g
Labeler: Insight Pharmaceuticals LLC
NDC Code: 63736-375
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
temporarily relieves these symptoms associated with hemorrhoids
- local pain
For external use only
- certain persons can develop allergic reactions to ingredients in this product
- do not put this product into the rectum by using fingers or any mechanical device or applicator
- do not exceed dosage unless directed by a doctor
- condition worsens or does not improve in 7 days
- bleeding occurs
- symptoms do not get better, or if redness, irritation, swelling, pain or other symptoms occur or increase
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
- when practical, cleanse affected area with mild soap and warm water and rinse thoroughly. Gently dry by patting or blotting with toilet tissue or soft cloth before application of this product.
- apply externally to the affected area up to 6 times daily
Children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- if ointment contacts clothing or other fabrics, wash in warm water only; do not use bleach.
- store at room temperature 15°– 25°C (59°– 77°F)
- tube is sealed for your protection. Do not use if foil seal is broken or missing.
benzethonium chloride, polyethylene glycol 300, polyethylene glycol 3350.
Call 1-800-344-7239 or visit our website at www.insightpharma.com
Distributed by: Insight Pharmaceuticals LLC
Tarrytown, NY 10591
A Prestige Brands Company
|Labeler - Insight Pharmaceuticals LLC (055665422)|
- Americaine (2 labels)
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
More about Americaine (benzocaine topical)
- Americaine Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- En Español
- 0 Reviews
- Drug class: topical anesthetics