CHILDRENS DIMETAPP LONG ACTING COUGH PLUS COLD
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: chlorpheniramine maleate 1.0mg in 1mL, dextromethorphan hydrobromide 7.5mg in 5mL
Labeler: Richmond Division of Wyeth
NDC Code: 0031-2238
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
(chlorpheniramine maleate and dextromethorphan HBr)
Chlorpheniramine maleate, USP 1.0 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr, USP 7.5 mg
- temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a cold
- temporarily relieves these symptoms due to hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies:
- runny nose
- itchy, watery eyes
- itching of the nose or throat
- to sedate a child or to make a child sleepy
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- a cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem or chronic cough that lasts or as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- do not use more than directed
- marked drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- excitability may occur, especially in children
cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not take more than 4 doses in any 24-hour period
|12 years and over||4 tsp every 6 hours|
|6 to under 12 years||2 tsp every 6 hours|
|under 6 years||do not use|
- each teaspoon contains: sodium 3 mg
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- dosage cup provided
anhydrous citric acid, artificial flavor, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C red no. 40, glycerin, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sorbitol solution, sucralose
Call weekdays from 9 AM to 5 PM EST at 1-800-762-4675
The product packaging shown below represents a sample of that currently in use. Additional packaging may also be available.
SEE NEW DOSING INFORMATION
Children’s Dimetapp Long Acting Cough Plus Cold
CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE (Antihistamine)
DEXTROMETHORPHAN HBr (Cough Suppressant)
Up to 8 hours of cough control
Relieves Nasal Symptoms
- Runny Nose
Plus Other Symptoms
- Itchy, Watery Eyes
For Ages 6 Yrs. & Over
4 FL OZ (118mL) alcohol free • grape flavor
For most recent product information visit www.dimetapp.com
We pledge to you that Dimetapp products contain only high quality ingredients and meet strict standards of quality and safety. You can trust Dimetapp products for your family.
Dosage Cup Provided
PARENTS: Learn about teen medicine abuse
Wyeth Consumer Healthcare, Madison, NJ 07940 U.S.A. ©2008 Wyeth
Packaged with Tamper-Evident bottle cap. Do Not Use if breakable ring is separated or missing.
|CHILDRENS DIMETAPP LONG ACTING COUGH PLUS COLD
chlorpheniramine maleate, dextromethorphan hbr liquid
|Labeler - Richmond Division of Wyeth (829390827)|
Medically reviewed on Jun 12, 2018
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about chlorpheniramine/dextromethorphan
- Chlorpheniramine/dextromethorphan Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- En Español
- 8 Reviews
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations
- FDA Alerts (1)
- Chlorpheniramine and dextromethorphan
- Dextromethorphan and Chlorpheniramine Chewable Tablets
- Dextromethorphan and Chlorpheniramine Tablets
- Dextromethorphan and Chlorpheniramine Liquid and Syrup