Dosage form: tablet, film coated
Ingredients: NIZATIDINE 75mg
Labeler: Pfizer Consumer Healthcare
NDC Code: 0573-2400
Nizatidine 75 mg
- relieves heartburn associated with acid indigestion and sour stomach
- prevents heartburn associated with acid indigestion and sour stomach brought on by eating or drinking certain food and beverages
Do not use if you are allergic to nizatidine or other acid reducers
- if you have trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools. These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
- with other acid reducers
- had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.
- heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating or dizziness
- chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness
- frequent chest pain
- frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburn
- unexplained weight loss
- nausea or vomiting
- stomach pain
- your heartburn continues or worsens
- you need to take this product for more than 14 days
ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away
- adults and children 12 years and over:
- to relieve symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a full glass of water
- to prevent symptoms, swallow 1 tablet with a full glass of water right before eating or up to 60 minutes before consuming food and beverages that cause you heartburn
- do not use more than 2 tablets in 24 hours
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- protect from light
- replace cap tightly after opening bottle
- keep the carton and package insert. They contain important information
colloidal silicon dioxide, corn starch, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, pharmaceutical ink, polyethylene glycol, pregelatinized starch, propylene glycol, synthetic iron oxides, titanium dioxide
Call 1-800-555-2943 Monday through Friday 9 AM to 5 PM EST
PLEASE SAVE THIS SHEET FOR FUTURE USE
Bottle sealed with printed foil under cap. Do Not Use if foil imprinted "SEALED FOR YOUR PROTECTION" is open or torn.
- AXID AR is a non-prescription medicine that contains nizatidine, an ingredient that doctors have prescribed for years.
- AXID AR works by reducing the production of stomach acid that can cause heartburn.
- In clinical studies, AXID AR was significantly better than placebo in relieving and preventing heartburn symptoms.
The stomach normally produces acid, especially following eating and drinking. Sometimes acid backing up into the esophagus can cause a burning pain and discomfort. This pain and discomfort is commonly known as heartburn.
When taken as directed, AXID AR relieves and/or prevents heartburn.
- Avoid lying down flat or bending over soon after eating.
- Avoid eating late at night, or just before bedtime.
- Avoid certain foods or beverages more likely to cause heartburn, such as rich, spicy, fried foods; chocolate, caffeine, alcohol; even some fruits and vegetables.
- Eat slowly and do not eat big meals.
- If you are overweight, lose weight.
- If you smoke, stop or cut down.
- Elevate the head of your bed.
- Avoid wearing tight fitting clothing around your stomach.
nizatidine tablet, film coated
|Labeler - Pfizer Consumer Healthcare (828831730)|
|Wyeth Pharmaceuticals Company||829390975||ANALYSIS(0573-2400), LABEL(0573-2400), MANUFACTURE(0573-2400), PACK(0573-2400)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.