Scot-Tussin Diabetes Cough Formula with DM
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10mg in 5mL
Labeler: SCOT-TUSSIN Pharmacal Co., Inc.
NDC Code: 0372-0043
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
(in each 5 mL. tsp. teaspoon)
Dextromethorphan HBr. USP 10mg
- Temporarily quiets and calms a dry cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation.
- more than the recommended dosage.
- If drowsiness occurs, do not drive or operate machinery.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease) or for two weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacists before taking this product.
- a chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema.
- difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland.
- Thyroid disease.
- a chough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus).
- Cough lasts more than seven days, returns or is accompanied by fever, rash or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
Do Not Use.
In case of accidental overdose get medical help or contact a poison control center right away.
- Follow Dosage Chart.
- Do not take more than 6 doses in any 24 hour period.
- This product is not intended for use in children under 12 years of age.
|Adults and children |
over 12 years old
(2 tsp. 10 ml)
every 4 hours
|Children Under |
12 years old
|DO NOT USE|
- Store at 20º – 25º C (68º – 77º F).
- Do not refrigerate.
- Dosage cup provided.
Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Citric Acid, Clear Cherry-Strawberry Flavor, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Menthol, Methyl Paraben, Potassium Benzoate, Propyl Paraben, Propylene Glycol, Purified Water.
|SCOT-TUSSIN DIABETES COUGH FORMULA WITH DM
dextromethorphan hydrobromide liquid
|Labeler - SCOT-TUSSIN Pharmacal Co., Inc. (001203918)|
Medically reviewed on Jan 21, 2019
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about dextromethorphan
- Dextromethorphan Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 244 Reviews
- Drug class: antitussives
- FDA Alerts (1)
- Dextromethorphan Capsules
- Dextromethorphan Chewable Tablets
- Dextromethorphan Extended-Release Suspension
- Dextromethorphan Liquid and Syrup
- ... +3 more