Scot-Tussin DM SF Maximum Strength Cough Cold
Medically reviewed on January 29, 2018.
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 15mg in 5mL, CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE 2mg in 5mL
Labeler: SCOT-TUSSIN Pharmacal Co., Inc.
NDC Code: 0372-0036
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
(in each 5 mL. tsp. teaspoon)
*Chlorpheniramine Maleate USP 2mg
Dextromethorphan HBr. USP 15mg
- Temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a cold. Quiets and calms a dry cough.
- Temporarily relieves runny nose and sneezing, itching of the nose and throat, and itchy watery eyes due to upper respiratory symptoms.
DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT TO SEDATE CHILDREN
- more than the recommended dosage.
- if you are taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI); (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease) or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacists before taking this product.
- Persistent or a chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema, or if cough is accompanied by excessive phlegm (mucus).
- Difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland.
- Thyroid disease.
- May cause drowsiness. Alcohol, sedatives and tranquilizers may increase the drowsiness effect. Avoid alcoholic beverages while taking this product. If you are taking sedatives or tranquilizers, consult your doctor before taking this medicine. Use caution when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery.
- Chough lasts more than seven days, returns or is accompanied by fever, rash or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
Do Not Use.
In case of overdose get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Follow Dosage Chart.
- Do not take more than 4 doses in any 24 hour period.
- This product is not intended for use in children under 12 years of age.
|Adults and children |
over 12 years old
(2 tsp. 10 ml)
every 6 hours
|Children Under |
12 years old
|DO NOT USE|
- Store at 20º – 25º C (68º – 77º F).
- Do not refrigerate.
- Dosage cup provided.
Ammonium Glycrrhizate, Citric Acid, Clear Cherry-Strawberry Flavor, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Menthol, Methyl Paraben, Potassium Benzoate, Propyl Paraben, Propylene Glycol, Purified Water.
DM SF MAXIMUM STRENGTH COUGH COLD
dextromethorphan hydrobromide chlorpheniramine maleate liquid
|Labeler - SCOT-TUSSIN Pharmacal Co., Inc. (001203918)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.