Scot-Tussin Senior SF DMEXP
Medically reviewed on February 5, 2018
Dosage form: liquid
Ingredients: DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 15mg in 5mL, GUAIFENESIN 200mg in 5mL
Labeler: SCOT-TUSSIN Pharmacal Co., Inc.
NDC Code: 0372-0050
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
(in each 5 mL. tsp. teaspoon)
Dextromethorphan HBr. USP 15mg
Guaifenesin USP 200mg
- Temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a cold. Quiets and calms a dry cough.
- Helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to make coughs more productive thereby relieving chest congestion.
*Phenylketonurics: Contains Phenylalanine.
- more than the recommended dosage.
- If drowsiness occurs, do not drive or operate machinery.
- if you are taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI); (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- A chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema.
- Difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland.
- A Cough accompanied by excessive phlegm (mucus).
- Thyroid disease.
- Cough lasts more than seven days, returns or is accompanied by fever, rash or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
Do Not Use.
In case of accidental overdose get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Follow Dosage Chart.
- Do not take more than 4 doses in any 24 hour period.
- This product is not intended for use in children under 12 years of age.
|Adults and children |
over 12 years old
(2 tsp. 10 ml)
every 6 hours
|Children Under |
12 years old
|DO NOT USE|
- Each teaspoon contains Phenylalanine 7.5 mg.
- Store at 20º – 25º C (68º – 77º F).
- Do not refrigerate.
- Dosage cup provided.
*Aspartame (see warning), Benzoic Acid, Citric Acid, Glycerin, Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, Menthol, Methyl Paraben, Peppermint Stick Flavor, Propyl Paraben, Propylene Glycol, Purified Water.
|SCOT-TUSSIN SENIOR SF DMEXP
dextromethorphan hydrobromide, guaifenesin liquid
|Labeler - SCOT-TUSSIN Pharmacal Co., Inc. (001203918)|
More about dextromethorphan/guaifenesin
- Dextromethorphan/guaifenesin Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 15 Reviews
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations
- Dextromethorphan and guaifenesin
- Guaifenesin and Dextromethorphan Capsules and Tablets
- Guaifenesin and Dextromethorphan Extended-Release Tablets
- Guaifenesin and Dextromethorphan Granule Packets
- Guaifenesin and Dextromethorphan Liquid