New Study Finds Formulary Decision Makers Show Strong Demand for Digital Resources from Pharma for Key Decision-Making
Manhattan Research's Taking the Pulse® Formulary Decision Makers explores opportunities for pharma to engage formulary decision makers with digital content and services – Webinar November 28 at 11am ET
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov 27, 2012 - According to the new Taking the Pulse® Formulary Decision Makers 2012 study from healthcare market research and advisory firm Manhattan Research, formulary decision makers are making important P&T committee decisions with the help of websites and apps, often including those provided by pharma companies. The study surveyed 205 Managed Care Organizations (MCOs), Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs), and Hospital Pharmacy & Therapeutic (P&T) committee members in the United States in October of 2012 about their use of the Internet, digital information sources and pharma-provided services and tools.
Significant findings across the three formulary decision makers' audiences explored in the research include:
- Nearly 6 in 10 Hospital P&T committee members and more than 7 in 10 MCO P&T committee members use websites or apps to support decisions on adding or removing drugs to the formulary.
- More than 4 in 5 Hospital, MCO and PBM P&T committee members are interested in accessing information and services from pharma websites or apps to help them with their P&T committee work, such as treatment guidelines, clinical trial information and formulary information.
“Formulary decision makers are increasingly turning to digital resources outside of the manufacturer dossier to help them make crucial decisions about formulary placement,” said President Meredith Ressi. “As formulary decision makers become a driving force behind the products that are prescribed to patients, pharma companies are seeking to engage these stakeholders through emerging channels.”
Upcoming Webinar! Taking the Pulse® Formulary Decision Makers 2012– Wednesday, November 28 at 11am ET
Lead Analyst Kim Crowell is hosting a webinar November 28th at 11am ET for those interested in learning more about the study as well as highlights from the new data. Register today!
About Taking the Pulse® Formulary Decision Makers 2012
Taking the Pulse® Formulary Decision Makers from Manhattan Research is designed to address the unique challenges faced by marketers targeting formulary decision makers (P&T committee members) in payer organizations, PBMs, and large hospitals. The study explores the formulary and pre-authorization decision making process, as well as how formulary decision makers use the Internet, key digital information sources and other pharma-provided services and tools.
Key topics covered in the research include:
- Structure, responsibilities and membership of P&T committees
- Technology profile and digital behaviors
- Smartphone and tablet activities
- Factors, analyses and sources driving the formulary decision making process
- Channels and sources used for pharma product info
- Professional social networking, search and video activities
- Pharma online information and services used in the formulary decision making process
- Multi-channel opportunities, beyond the dossier, for pharma to connect with P&T members
For more information, please visit www.manhattanresearch.com/ttpfdm.
About Manhattan Research
Manhattan Research, a Decision Resources Group company, conducts annual research studies covering digital health trends among healthcare professionals and consumers in the Americas, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. Broad research can be segmented by target specialist and therapeutic audiences. For more information please contact email@example.com, call 1.888.680.0800, ext 2, or visit www.manhattanresearch.com.
About Decision Resources Group
Decision Resources Group is a cohesive portfolio of companies that offers best-in-class, high-value information and insights on important sectors of the healthcare industry. Clients rely on this analysis and data to make informed decisions. Please visit Decision Resources Group at www.DecisionResourcesGroup.com.
All company, brand or product names contained in this document may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders
Contact: Manhattan Research
Stephanie Cooper, 212-255-1368
Posted: November 2012
Recommended for you