Heath Tip: It's Back-to-School Time
-- The start of the school year is typically filled with excitement, anxiety and anticipation.
Help ensure that your child is prepared to stay safe and empowered as he or she heads back to classes.
The American Red Cross suggests your child should:
- Know your phone number, address, and how to reach you during the school day.
- Never talk to strangers or accept rides from unfamiliar people.
- Board the bus only after it has come to a complete stop and the driver has signaled the child to get on.
- Never get on a different bus.
- Always stay in clear view of the bus driver and never walk behind the bus.
- Always cross the street at the corner, obeying traffic signals and staying in the crosswalk.
- Never dart out into the street, or cross between parked cars.
© 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: September 2017