Health Tip: Your Teeth Are Tough
-- Your teeth are incredibly strong, and with the proper care and regular dental visits, you can keep them that way.
The American Dental Association offers these "tooth truths":
- Tooth enamel, which is 96 percent mineral, is the hardest substance in the body.
- Your teeth can exert an average of 200 pounds of pressure when you bite down.
- Teeth can last many hundreds of years, outlasting the person whose mouth they're in.
- Teeth are strong, but they don't heal on their own and require a dentist's attention when damaged.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: March 2018
Read this next
SUNDAY, Oct. 11, 2020 - - COVID-19 may change the look of Halloween this year, but dressing up and indulging in some sweets is all part of the fun, even if your kids can't go door...
MONDAY, Sept. 28, 2020 -- Seniors who take depression and anxiety drugs shouldn't be prescribed opioid painkillers by their dentist because it puts them at increased risk for...
THURSDAY, Sept. 24, 2020 -- Dentists are drilling down on another worrying trend related to the coronavirus: more cracked teeth. Like sleepless nights and stomach jitters, teeth...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.