Health Tip: Get Your Family Moving
-- Everybody needs the right amount of exercise, but it may be difficult for you and family members to fit physical activity into a busy schedule.
The U.S. National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute suggests:
- Identify common free time that you could use for family activity.
- Schedule exercise after dinner with family, or on weekends.
- Stay motivated by joining an exercise group, or by signing your kids up for community sports.
- Plan on activities that don't depend on good weather, such as indoor cycling, indoor swimming, stair climbing, rope skipping, mall walking, dancing, or active games that you can play indoors.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: January 2018
Read this next
THURSDAY, Oct. 15, 2020 (American Heart Association News) -- Among Mexican Americans, too much abdominal fat predicts the beginning of a buildup of plaque in the arteries called...
WEDNESDAY, Oct. 14, 2020 -- Obesity is tied to premature death, but researchers have found that weight-loss surgery can add a few years to your life. In a study involving more...
WEDNESDAY, Oct. 14, 2020 -- Limiting TV ads for sugary, salty and high-fat foods and drinks might help reduce childhood obesity, British researchers suggest. They looked at...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.