Health Tip: How Young Men Can Live Healthier Lives
-- Eating right may not be at the top of every young man's to-do list.
But the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics says by starting healthy eating habits in their 20s, young men can set themselves up for healthier adult lives.
The academy offers this advice:
- Eat a nutritious breakfast each day.
- Have a healthy snack in the midmorning and midafternoon, which will boost energy and help avoid overeating at mealtimes.
- Eat at least 2 cups of fruit and 2 cups of vegetables daily.
- Opt for lean proteins, such as chicken, turkey, pork and fish, over red meat.
- Include plant-based foods -- such as tofu, beans and lentils -- in your diet.
- Eat healthy fats, such as avocado, olive oil, walnuts, almonds and canola oil.
- Eat three servings of low-fat dairy each day to promote healthier bones.
- Get enough vitamin D by taking a supplement or by drinking fortified milk.
- Get enough iron by eating lots of leafy greens or by eating fortified cereal.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: June 2018
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.