Health Tip: What You Can Learn From Genetic Testing
-- Genetic testing is a laboratory analysis of the DNA instructions that you inherit from your mother and father.
According to the National Human Genome Research Institute, here's what you can learn from genetic testing:
- Information that can help diagnose diseases -- including those that may not yet be active.
- Gene changes that are responsible for an already diagnosed disease.
- The severity of a disease.
- Guidance for doctors to help them decide on the best treatment for your disease or condition.
- Gene changes that could be or have been passed on to your children.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: February 2018
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.