Health Tip: Working With Bleach
-- Bleach, while a common household chemical, can burn the skin and cause eye damage.
When handling bleach right out of the container, the North Dakota State University says you should take these precautions:
- Wear eye protection, such as safety glasses or goggles.
- Wear rubber or nitrile gloves.
- Wear clothing that covers your skin.
- Open the container outside or in a well-ventilated room.
- Wash your hands vigorously before you resume daily activities.
If you come in contact with concentrated bleach, the school says you should quickly call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
© 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: July 2019