Health Tip: Why Some Women Can't Sleep
-- Insomnia is more common in women than in men, the Womenshealth.gov website says of the common sleep disorder.
According to the site, here's what may trigger more sleepless nights among women:
- Hot flashes, night sweats and other symptoms of perimenopause.
- Hormonal changes during pregnancy.
- Physical changes during pregnancy, including discomfort and increased frequency of urination.
- Depression and anxiety, which tend to be more common in women.
- Physical conditions that tend to affect women, such as fibromyalgia and restless leg syndrome.
Posted: June 2011
Recommended for you