Health Tip: Ways to Bond With Baby
-- Early encounters between parents and a newborn help the infant feel more secure. The time it takes to bond varies from a few hours to a few weeks.
The U.S. National Library of Medicine suggests how to promote bonding between you and baby:
- If you chose to breast-feed, your baby will identify with your smell and touch during feedings.
- If you bottle feed, your baby can become acquainted with your smell and touch, as well.
- Hold baby skin-to-skin when you can.
- Make eye contact with baby.
- Respond to baby when he or she cries.
- Play with baby.
- Talk, read and sing to baby to help him or her become acquainted with the sound of your voice.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: January 2018
Read this next
THURSDAY, Oct. 22, 2020 -- Pregnancy can increase the risk of a rare, dangerous heart condition called aortic dissection, researchers report. This is especially true for women...
By Stefani Kopenec American Heart Association News THURSDAY, Oct. 22, 2020 (American Heart Association News) -- Wendy Wees suffered a miscarriage during her first pregnancy with...
THURSDAY, Oct. 22, 2020 -- Hispanic mothers-to-be in the southern United States are almost twice as likely to have COVID-19 as non-Hispanic women, a new study finds. The...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.