Health Tip: When to Wash Your Hands
-- Hand washing with soap and warm water is an effective way to prevent the spread of germs.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests washing your hands at these key times:
- Before, during andafterpreparing food.
- Before eating.
- Before and after caring for someone who is sick.
- Before and after treating a wound.
- Aftergoing to the bathroom.
- After changing diapers or cleaning up a child who has used the bathroom.
- After blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- After touching an animal, animal feed or animal waste.
- After handling garbage.
Posted: April 2018