Health Tip: Using Kitchen Knives
-- While you're tackling many tasks at once in the kitchen, a slip of a knife can lead to serious and permanent injury.
The National Food Service Management Institute recommends:
- Avoiding any distractions and focusing solely on cutting food.
- Making sure blades are kept sharp.
- Choosing a knife that's an appropriate size for the job, and avoiding a kitchen knife for any reason other than cutting food.
- Avoiding holding food in your hand as you cut.
- Holding the knife only on top of the blade.
- Keeping knives away from the edge of a countertop or table.
- Promptly washing knives, drying them and storing them in a knife drawer or rack.
© 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: October 2016