Health Tip: Uncovering Causes of Bloating
-- Bloating is often described as the feeling that there is an inflated balloon in the abdomen, the International Foundation for Gastrointestinal Disorders says.
The foundation mentions these common triggers for bloating:
- Too much gas in the intestine.
- Abnormally high amounts of bacteria in the small intestine.
- Imbalance of microorganisms that usually live in the bowel, which could be the result of taking antibiotics.
- Food intolerance.
- Increased curvature of the lumbar region of the spine, which decreases the capacity of the abdomen to hold gas.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: February 2019
Read this next
THURSDAY, Oct. 15, 2020 -- Want to give your kids an immune system boost? Try letting them play in the dirt more often, a new study suggests. Researchers in Finland found that...
TUESDAY, Aug. 18, 2020 -- In a first, doctors have used a fecal transplant to treat a rare condition that causes the body to brew its own alcohol. The disorder, known as...
MONDAY, June 29, 2020 -- Bagged salad mixes sold at Walmart and other stores are linked with an outbreak of intestinal illness in eight Midwestern states, the U.S. Centers for...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.