Health Tip: Treating an Infant's Fever
-- A baby's first fever can be scary for parents. However, most fevers are relatively harmless, says MedlinePlus.
When treating your child's fever, MedlinePlus suggests:
- Do not bundle up a child, even if the child has the chills.
- Use acetaminophen or ibuprofen to lower fever.
- Never give aspirin to children.
- Bathe your child in lukewarm water.
If a newborn has a fever of more than 100.4 degrees F, contact a doctor without delay.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: April 2019
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.