Health Tip: Traveling During Flu Season
--If you plan to travel during flu season, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests:
- Get the flu vaccine. It's still not too late.
- Don't travel if you feel sick.
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If they are not available, use an alcohol-based sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: January 2018
Read this next
FRIDAY, Oct. 23, 2020 -- A cough could spread a cloud of COVID-19 throughout a room, but a face mask can greatly shrink the size and spread of that cloud, a new study finds. In...
WEDNESDAY, Oct. 14, 2020 (American Heart Association News) -- It's flu season. In the middle of a coronavirus pandemic. Is this any time to be thinking about your risk of...
THURSDAY, Oct. 8, 2020 (American Heart Association News) -- Heart attack risk increases quickly after a flu-like illness, while stroke risk rises slower, according to new...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.