Health Tip: Travel Suggestions For Your Eyes
-- Don't forget to think of your eyes while you're traveling, the American Academy of Ophthalmology says.
Here are the academy's suggestions while you're on the road, either for business or pleasure:
- Bring an extra pair of glasses and contact lenses.
- If you have an emergency, do not put off seeing an eye specialist until you get home. Untreated issues such as infection can cause long-term damage.
- Prepare for dry eyes on a plane with over-the-counter eye drops.
- Never use water to clean contact lenses.
- If you use prescription eye drops, travel with an extra, unopened bottle.
- If you notice significant changes in your vision, see a doctor. Changes in vision can signal issues such as a retinal detachment, a hypertensive crisis, a stroke or out-of-control diabetes.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: February 2019
Read this next
WEDNESDAY, Sept. 16, 2020 -- Eyeglasses keep you from tripping over footstools and walking into walls, but they also might have a side benefit to spark envy among those with 20/20...
THURSDAY, Aug. 27, 2020 -- If your child will be doing online learning this school year, you need to take steps to protect them from eye strain, the American Academy of...
MONDAY, Aug. 10, 2020 -- Diabetes can wreak havoc on many parts of the body, including the eyes, but people with diabetes aren't doomed to have vision problems. With good blood...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.