Health Tip: Taming Bursitis
-- Bursitis involves swelling of thebursa -- a fluid-filled sac that cushions bone from muscles, tendons or skin.
Bursitis often is caused by repetitive motion, so the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases recommends cushioning your joints when appropriate, and taking frequent breaks from repetitive=motion tasks.
The agency suggests these treatment options:
- Resting and elevating the injured area.
- Limiting the activity that probably triggered the condition.
- Taking anti-inflammatory medication.
- Gentle stretching and strengthening exercises.
- Putting a brace, splint or band on the injured area.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: April 2018
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.