Health Tip: Talk to Your Youngster About Adoption
-- If you are a parent of a young adopted child, it may be time to talk about the child's birth story.
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests:
- Be honest, and make your explanation simple and direct.
- Tell the child that he or she was born to other parents who could not take care of the youngster.
- Explain to the child why you chose to adopt him or her.
- Talk about how much you and your spouse wanted the child.
- Briefly explain the adoption steps you went through.
© 2020 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: January 2018
Read this next
FRIDAY, Aug. 7, 2020 -- Whether a frozen or fresh embryo is transferred during fertility treatments, the odds of pregnancy are roughly the same, according to a new Danish study...
FRIDAY, July 31, 2020 -- If you ever had a sex-ed class in school, you have probably seen a visual of sperm swimming with a wagging tail. Now, high-tech tools have shattered that...
WEDNESDAY, July 29, 2020 -- Two "uterine-sparing" treatments for fibroids can improve women's quality of life -- though one might be more effective than the other, a new clinical...
More News Resources
- FDA Medwatch Drug Alerts
- Daily MedNews
- News for Health Professionals
- New Drug Approvals
- New Drug Applications
- Drug Shortages
- Clinical Trial Results
- Generic Drug Approvals
- Monthly Update Archive
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Whatever your topic of interest, subscribe to our newsletters to get the best of Drugs.com in your inbox.